The average cost of a windshield replacement and installation service can be anywhere from $170 to an even $1000. Though your insurance may cover some of it, this sum can burn a hole in your pocket if you have a high deductable.
In such cases, it’s important that you know what to do after you’ve availed the replacement service. After all, you can’t spend around $300 or so every year on a windshield that didn’t get the TLC it needed.
Safety Measures after Windshield Replacement
Before you delve into the details, keep in mind that you must only have your auto glass repaired by companies that ensure premium standards in terms of quality and service.
Tips on New Windshield Care
- Check for Fragments of Glass – Although technicians are extra vigilant about removing all glass fragments while installing a new windshield, you can never be too careful. Wear gloves and check your car to make sure that every fragment is removed.
- Make sure the Right Adhesive is Used –Trained technicians will always use the right adhesive to ensure that the glass is fitted perfectly, and there’s no unnecessary stress on it.
- Do NOT wash the Vehicle Before Having the Glass Replaced – Temperature fluctuations can be detrimental for glass. Take extra measures to minimize safety concerns for the technician. For example, do not turn on your air conditioning while parked in an open space in humid weather.
Further Precautions for More Care
- Don’t cover your vehicle with anything for 24 hours after the windshield has been replaced.
- Avoid using any liquids or washing your vehicle for 24 hours after replacement.
- Avoid using the vehicle immediately after installation.
- Leave one window slightly opened and close all doors for 24 hours so the temperature is maintained.
Allow us to replace Your Car’s Windshield
Driving with a chipped or scratched windshield can be very dangerous, especially if the damage is extensive enough to disrupt the visibility.
Get in touch with our 24 hour auto glass repair team, call (832) 303-0318!