Windshields get dirty a lot because they experience contact from both inside and outside the car. On the inside, they can get dirty due to fingerprints and eatables and on the outside they can get blemished due to dirt, dust, and other environmental contaminants. Whatever the cause, a dirty windshield is dangerous and needs to be cleaned on a regular basis.
Why It Needs To Be SpotlessA driver makes life and death decisions based on what they see through the windshield. If the windshield is not clean, the view is distorted and the driver can make costly mistakes that can prove to be deadly. Thus, make sure that the windshield of your car is spotless all the time.
DIY Cleaning FixHere’s a formula for a great DIY cleaner and how to use it properly for optimal results.
What You Need
Steps of Cleaning
- Step 1– Make the cleaning solution by mixing alcohol (50%), water (50%) and white vinegar (capful).
- Step 2– use a dry and clean microfiber cloth to wipe the glass before applying the mixture.
- Step 3– apply the mixture to different parts of the glass so the liquid reaches all parts of the glass.
- Step 4– use the clean part of the microfiber cloth to rub and clean the windshield. Use circular and up and down motions to clean the class thoroughly.
Some TipsFollow these tips to make sure that you get the best cleaning results.
- Wash and clean your windshield at the end after other parts of the car like exterior and interior has been cleaned.
- Clean the windshield while the car is in shade or when the weather in order to prevent the window cleaner from evaporating quickly.
- Make sure to use a clean microfiber cloth. If the cloth has already been used in other cleaning talks, you’ll end up with a dirtier and greasy windshield.